Sunday, August 17, 2008

Lemon Poppy Bread

This recipe is by Emeril Lagasse. I found it here on foodnetwork.com. It was very easy, I had most of the ingredients in the house and even though it is technically a muffin recipe it worked very nicely as a quick bread with a little extra time in the oven. The only ingredients you may not keep regularly in your pantry would be the buttermilk, which I had due to another recipe use, and the poppy seeds, which I found very easily in the spice aisle of Waldbaum's (our local supermarket).

I made this in my stoneware loaf pan. It came out perfect. Moist, golden, not too heavy. Chris loved it. I hated it. I don't know if it was the buttermilk or too much lemon or what but there was a very sour-ish taste that I just did not enjoy. It wasn't tart, it was sour. (my buttermilk is fine, it's only a few days old, smells good) I really wanted to like it, I generally love lemon poppy bread/muffins, but this one I just did not like one bit. I think next time I will try to substitute the buttermilk or try a different recipe entirely. I chose this one because it did not involve plain yogurt, of which I have none. If you like the flavor of buttermilk, by all means, make this recipe. It really came out looking and smelling wonderful.

Anyway, back to the kitchen.....

2 comments:

MyWoldPlus said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Danny said...

that lemon poppy bread looks soooo good!