Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sundays with Macrina: Fresh Fruit Muffins, Strawberry


This is the first time I was unhappy with something I made from the Macrina Bakery & Cafe Cookbook. It was completely my fault though. I thought the muffins looked done, toothpick test came out clean and they were in the oven longer than the recipe said. I don't know if it was the weather that day or just me not doing something right but they didn't bake all the way through. Of course I didn't realize this until AFTER I'd given some to Vina and her husband.... ugh. The flavor of the muffin part was good, but I really didn't like the flavor that the strawberries added. They also made the cooked part of the muffins soggy and wet (I HATE the texture of soggy bread). I would probably make these again, maybe with blueberries or cherries, just to see if they come out better.

No comments: